Saturday, February 16, 2013

East Idaho Dance Showcase

 Today was the annual East Idaho Dance Showcase. 
It was Ashlyn's very first dance performance.  
She was so excited to wear her costume and especially the hairpiece!!! 
 You will see from the pictures that she loved posing!

 Ashlyn had a hard time standing still for pictures- I guess she was too excited!










 Kaylie was really enjoyed watching the dancing for a while.
We got there at 2:30 for Ashlyn to dance her first dance at 2:45. 
Then she danced again around 3:50.  
Then Rylee danced around 4:45.  
So we were there a long time!


 My mom came with me to help.  
I was mostly with Ashlyn waiting in the practice room, 
so she held Kaylie the whole time and sat with Rylee.  
I don't know what I would have done without her!

 My camera obviously doesn't take very good dance pictures.  
And I was also trying to take a video, 
so I don't have too many of the actual dance.

 This was Ashlyn's second costume. 
 I took a lot of pictures of her for a few reasons:
1. This was her first dance performance ever.
2. She danced twice so had two different costumes.
3. We waited a long time between dances and passed the time by taking pictures.
4. She was good at posing and being silly!








 I could hardly see Ashlyn in her first dance, so I made sure she had a good spot front and center for the second dance!  That's part of the reason we waited so long- we had to claim our spot!


 Ashlyn's first medal!

 Finally Rylee's turn!
She's an old pro at this- this is her third year of dance. 
She looks so old!


 Birkli and Rylee waiting to practice.

I didn't stay with Rylee very long because she didn't really need me to and Ashlyn and I had been in that room so long that I just had to get out of there!  I wanted to watch some other dances too.  But now I wish I had stayed since I wasn't able to take many pictures of her actual performance, but I could have taken a few of her practice. Live and learn.

 Kaylie loved Ashlyn's hair and kept trying to grab it!







 Rylee's dance was a hard one, but she has been practicing and did such a good job.  
I can't believe the difference in difficulty from the 3-5-year-olds to the 5-7-year-olds. 

 Rylee and her medal!






I am so proud of both my beautiful dancers!  
They did such a good job! 

1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE! Love Ashlyn's poses! So cute! Was it at Shelley High School? The background kind of looks familiar. Such cute little dancers!

    ReplyDelete