Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I Did It!

No pictures for this one, just a long story!

I was so excited a few years ago when Kohls came to Idaho Falls. I told everybody that it's so close to my house that I could walk. Well, I really had no intention of walking, but that was just how close it was to my house. So I hadn't ever walked there because I didn't ever need to. But it's become a family joke when I say something's so close that I could walk there. Well I decided for the first day of summer, I would walk to Kohls. Mostly because nobody thought I would. I put the girls in the double stroller and walked down to the corner of Ammon and Sunnyside where they have an icee shack and got them each an icee so they could eat that on the way. And I'm proud to say I finally walked to Kohls. It took about 45 minutes- the line for the icees was almost that long (really, no exaggeration!). I just checked how far it is and it's 1.44 miles each way, so I just walked about 3 miles. I didn't go shopping, I just walked to it. But I think I'd walk there again- it wasn't too bad, but next time I'll do it when it's a little cooler! I'm still sweating!

2 comments:

  1. congrats! I'm impressed! It makes the shopping trips that much more justified! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh! I am very impressed that you didn't shop tho!! How did you manage that?!? ;) j/k
    Your trip to disneyland looks like it was super fun! I am so jealous of you! Glad you got to go and enjoy yourself tho!
    Hey, your birthday is soon!! When are we gonna go to Craigo's?!? :)

    ReplyDelete