Monday, May 31, 2010

Down on Grandpa's Farm

We went to Grandpa Blatter's farm for a Memorial Day picnic. We had a lot of fun- the weather was good and we had a great time visiting with Matt's family and extended family.

Earlier in the day we met my parents and Cory at the cemetery where my Grandpa and Grandma Jensen are buried. It's always bittersweet for me to visit their graves- I am sad and miss them, but then I remember all the good times I was able to share with them. I know it's hard for my dad too, but I'm so glad we know that we will see them again someday.

Here are some of the highlights of our afternoon at the farm.

On the way Matt saw a snake in the middle of the road. I was in the back with Ashlyn so I didn't see it. He backed up and opened Rylee's door so we could all see it. Rylee was freaking out- I was ok as long as I was safe in the car. Rylee kept saying, "Shut the door, shut the door!" And of course, Matt was getting as close as he could!

This was before the big dog came and scared us all! (Rylee especially! I know- that's my girl!)

Crossing the bridge and playing at the creek


Here is Rylee petting the big dog that isn't really that mean and scary at all. Matt's cousin, Ryan was very good to show her how nice he is. (It took a while though!!) And Ashlyn just wanted Oma the whole time!

Matt took us for a walk down the road to the fish pond. We didn't see many fish. And Rylee was teasing me as I was trying to take her picture but I did get her!

Ashlyn loved the water and even washed her hands in it!

Playing with the other kids at the creek
(Hailey, Brady, and Brinlee)

Riding the 4-wheeler. I went on the ride too and the girls loved it! They were screaming with joy the whole way! Ashlyn wanted to drive when Matt and I got off! She knew how to turn the key on!

Here they are now- we had quite the day!
(That's how I can blog about all this so soon- naptime is great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment