Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ashlyn's Hair

Ashlyn lets me do her hair in the morning- she usually sits still and it's no big deal. But she doesn't keep it in very long. She sometimes pulls it out on the way to Oma's or Grandma's. I hate it because then her hair is always in her face and she looks neglected. And I did even give up and not do it for a few days. But that didn't last.

So today I thought I would try something different that she couldn't pull out as easily. It was Saturday and I actually had time in the morning. I don't know how to explain it, but there were three elastics on each side. And the ponytails were connected so I thought she couldn't pull it out. I put bows in and it was way cute. Well by the time I finished Rylee's hair a few minutes later- she had already pulled most of the hair out of one elastic at the top. We went to the store and she didn't really touch it. Then I put her down for a nap. When I went to get her from her crib there were only two elastics left in her hair. How in the world does she do it- and how can it not hurt to pull them out?!

I had to go to Target so I had to do her hair again. This time I just did it in regular pigtails- and 4 hours later, it's still in! Maybe this will be her hairstyle for a while because she doesn't pull it out. We'll see- she's such a little stinker!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Her hair is getting so long it makes her look so much older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does look so much older! Very cute!

    So, I was inspired by this, though!

    Macie still always takes her hair out. She's been doing more lately than she has in a while. She's just always playing with her clips and her braids and her pony tails. And then just ends up like a little rag muffin! But, I saw this, and decided to try it. I did her hair in piggies at 9 this morning, and it's 4:17, and they are STILL in! I, too, am pretty impressed! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete