Friday, May 7, 2010

Butterflies







My class has been learning about caterpillars and butterflies and we have had some in our class to observe. They are finally butterflies and I told Rylee that I have some in my class. She has been so excited to go see them at school. So Matt brought the girls to school today during lunch and they got to see them and play around a little bit. I think Rylee was a little disappointed in the butterflies- she didn't seem too excited. But she sure had fun making her paper plate butterfly- she really just wanted to use glue. Ashlyn was just having fun doing whatever.

2 comments:

  1. Jeremy caught a caterpillar this fall (maybe it was summer? I can't remember) and thought it would be neat to let Birkli see it change. We put it in a jar with some grass and stuff but then we realized that it took a really long time to change and didn't figure we would keep it that long. Well, we noticed the other day that it had changed and she wanted nothing to do with it. The problem we had was that it turned into a moth instead of a butterfly...wrong kind of caterpillar I guess. I thought the whole thing was kinda gross myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caterpillars aren't really my thing, but I've gotten more used to it over the years! I wouldn't attempt something like that on my own!

    ReplyDelete