Saturday, July 7, 2012

Rexburg Rapids

 Yesterday we went to Rexburg Rapids.  Lindsay's family was going with her in-laws and they invited us.  It was so much fun!  The girls thought they were in HEAVEN- they absolutely LOVED it!!!  They love the water so much.  Even when Ashlyn couldn't touch, she wanted me to let go!  I didn't of course, but she sure tried!  Rylee could barely touch in the lazy river but I still wanted to stay close by.  But she would swim away from me and say, "See ya later, Alligator!"  I couldn't keep up!  That's when I finally got out and made Matt take care of them!  Then I was also able to take some pictures.  I was in the water most of the time, so these are mostly from the end.  I didn't get any pictures of Lindsay's family- they left before us.  We also saw my cousin, Gina, and her family.  Their family was there for a family reunion also.  So even though the pictures don't show it (thankfully), I was there in my swimming suit- as big as can be!  It wore me out pretty good though.  But we are so glad we went- we had such a good time.  I'm sure we'll be going again!

It looks like Ashlyn is hanging on for dear life, but that's just how she wanted it!  She didn't want to be on the tube because she wanted to be IN the water at all times! 



 This is just before Matt tipped over upside down- I didn't get a picture of that, but he said he bonked his head on the bottom pretty good.  It's pretty hard to control these two in the water!


 Ashlyn liked the moose spit.  
I tried to avoid the sprays, 
but the girls wanted to get sprayed.  

 Rylee was just tall enough to go down the big slide. 
She went on the yellow one by herself.  
Matt was there to catch her though. 
She was all smiles at the end! 
They only went once- it was pretty busy.




 This is just a picture of the kiddie part.  We spent most of the day in the lazy river, but at the end the girls played here.  Again, they loved getting sprayed and going down the little slides.

 Here is another place you get sprayed- this is Rylee.  But when I first went with Ashlyn, I was holding her and I tried to go to the side so I wouldn't get too wet and after we went through, Ashlyn asked, "Are you ok, Mom?"  Isn't that sad- my 3-year-old asks is I'm ok with getting wet!









 Rylee going down one of the kid slides.

 And Ashlyn not too far behind.



 Ashlyn just liked to sit or lay in the shallow water.
She liked that I didn't have to hold on to her- she loved the freedom!





3 comments:

  1. It's pretty new- I'm not sure when it opened.
    Maybe last year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place is SO SO FUN! We went there last year with the Shurtliff girls while the guys went hiking. Looks like you guys had too much fun! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete