Sunday, May 22, 2011

Feeding the Geese

Saturday we went to the river to "feed the ducks," which really means the geese, but oh well! We did see a duck or two.


This was too close for comfort for Rylee and me. Rylee isn't in these first few pictures because I was holding her. She (and I, I have to admit!) thought we were going to get attacked by the geese. So I was brave and held her while I took pictures of Matt getting up close and personal.

There were a lot of geese surrounding us!

They were all following Matt and Ashlyn,
which meant they weren't after Rylee and me-
we both liked that better!

Matt put Ashlyn down for a second . . .


. . . but she quickly wanted back up!

I put Rylee down and told her to hurry and smile for a picture!

Then she saw other kids chasing them and thought
that looked like more fun than running away from them.

So she started to chase them too!

By now she's not scared at all!

I'm sure those geese thought she was pretty crazy-
they were staying away!

Then she wanted to show me the duck in the water. I didn't think she was going to make it to the water at first, but she eventually conquered the geese! She's braver than me, but we all know that!

1 comment:

  1. So fun!!! Those geese can be fiesty! Glad you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete