Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday Best


Matt let me take his picture with the girls this morning before church- everybody looked so nice and was in such a good mood. That's not our normal Sunday morning! The first one is the best, but I didn't turn the flash on.

We went to our cousin, Isaiah's, 4th birthday party yesterday at Teton Spectrum Raceway (I think that's what it's called.) They have lots of fun things to do like play arcade games, jump in bounce houses and go down slides, and race go-carts- or whatever they are! After we jumped and ate cake and ice cream, the kids were going to race the go-carts. They have a smaller and slower one just for kids. We didn't think Rylee could go- even though she really wanted to. We told her she wasn't tall enough, but she really wanted to. Well it ended up that one of the kids that was going to do it decided not to, so they let Rylee do it. She was SO EXCITED!!! She wanted to race. Matt and I tried to tell her everything she would need to know- she's never done anything like that before. So it was her turn and she ran to her car and the guy helped her get her seatbelt on and gave them instructions. She looked back and waved- she was ready to go. Well, off they went, and she was doing ok. She was bumping into the sides a little. She made it almost all the way around and crashed pretty hard. I don't think she was hurt, but she started crying and wanted to get out. So I held her and she stopped crying. Before the others were even done with their race, she wanted to race again! Now she is obsessed with driving! Last night we went somewhere and when we got home, she wanted to stay in the van and drive. I thought that was fine- I would sit with her and she could pretend she was driving. She made sure we both had our seatbelts on first, then I asked her where we were going. She said to Oma's. Then she tried to put the car in reverse- I didn't know she knew what to do. She said it's not working. I said it's because we don't have the keys. She thought for a minute and said, "Go get the keys."

Ashlyn has started grabbing our hands and leading us places. Usually it's either outside or down the stairs. She goes up and down the stairs holding my hand- over and over again! She also wants to wash her hands all the time. If she sees someone doing it or if she hears me tell Rylee to do it, she rubs her hands together- that means she wants to do it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment