Sunday, August 16, 2009

Yellowstone

We went to Yellowstone Saturday for the last free day of the season. We had a great time. It was a little cool and it rained while we were at Old Faithful, but it was fun anyway. We saw tons of buffalo, some elk, and a couple of bald eagles. Rylee liked the "volcanos." We got to Old Faithful late- around 6:10. And we just barely missed it, so we had to wait another hour. We walked around to a few geysers and went to the Old Faithful Inn. Matt didn't bring a jacket, so he just wrapped a blanket around him and then at the Inn, he bought ice cream- I know, he's crazy! But Ashlyn loved the huckleberry ice cream too! When it was time to go see Old Faithful, Rylee didn't want to go. She wanted to stay and sit by the fire that they just started- I don't blame her! It didn't start raining until we sat down- then Rylee said "Let's go inside." But we stayed and saw Old Faithful- I think she liked it. So in the middle of August, we were freezing. Our car said 48 degrees- brrr! Rylee liked seeing the animals. It was a long day, but it was worth it.

I drove for a little bit and we came to this buffalo walking down the street. I thought he was going to just run us over- he got very close, but he just walked along the van. I hurried and rolled up my window- Matt wanted me to take a picture, but I was too scared. I could have reached out and touched him- that's how close he was!

Matt and Rylee waiting too see Old Faithful-
I think this is before it started raining.


No comments:

Post a Comment