Monday, August 24, 2009

Surgery update

Matt is doing well after his surgery- better than I expected! I took him in at 7 to get him ready and at 8:30, they took him to the holding room or something to get even more ready and I left him then. I'm not sure exactly when they started. I kept calling and checking on him, but they kept saying he was still in surgery. So my mom (thanks, Mom!) and I went to school and got my classroom ready. And then I went to the hospital just before 2 and I guess he was still in surgery. I'm not sure when it was over. Then the doctor came out around 3:30 and he said he would be going to the ICU so I should go to the other waiting room. So around 5 I got a call from a nurse telling me he was on his way to his room in the ICU and they would call when I could see him. So I finally got to see him around 5:30 or so. What a long day!! But the nurses were all saying how well he was doing after- which is what I was worried about. This morning before surgery the anesthesiologist (don't know how to spell that- long word!) kind of scared us both by telling us he would be in a lot of pain afterward and it would hurt to breathe. Matt has a very low tolerance for pain, so he wasn't too happy hearing that! But he is doing very well- the girls even went to see him. But we're finally at home and we will see him in the morning. Thanks for all of your prayers in his behalf- but keep them coming- he has a long recovery ahead of him I think.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad it went well! What a long day! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete