Saturday, May 11, 2013

Dance Recital



 Ashlyn had stage fright- she didn't do her first dance.  
She just stood there- the whole time.

 Ashlyn's first dance- Bubilee- ballet routine.

 Yes, she is the only one standing in this picture.

 Rylee, however, is an old pro.  
This was her 3rd recital, so she knew just what to do.

 Rylee's first dance- Let it Grow- jazz routine.



 Matt and I had a talk with Ashlyn after her first dance to see what was up.  She was sad because she couldn't see us.  So we showed her where we were and told her that Oma, Grandma, Grandpa, and Cousin Jerika all came to see her dance.   After that, she did awesome!

 This was Ashlyn's second dance- Peanut Butter Jelly Time- hip-hop routine.



 Rylee's second dance- Fireflies- ballet routine


 Rylee's third dance- hip hop routine- I can't remember the song title.


 Ashlyn knew right where we were at the end.  
This was the last dance of the night and Ashlyn's third routine- Footloose- jazz routine.




 Waiting for the trophies together in the back row.  
So cute!

 Both girls did such a great job and earned those trophies! 
I am so proud of my little dancers!

(It's definitely harder with two dancers- I was always running in and out, changing costumes and making sure they were lined up on time.  It was quite exhausting, but so worth it!  At least I have a few years until I have three dancers!  If the others are still doing it, I guess!)

 Ashlyn's first trophy- she was SO excited, to say the least!



 Ashlyn was literally undressing in the hall- we had to stop her so she wouldn't be naked for this picture!
She was so ready to be done and we were all feeling the same way!

 This is not from the dance recital, but it was in the batch of pictures so I decided to throw it in.  Edgemont had a "Fun Run" on Thursday.  The first graders went out before the kindergartners, so I didn't think I would see her, but I did.  But I didn't have my camera, so I had to take a picture at home.  She ran 10 laps- I think I only did 7 or 8!

Ashlyn with her new Ballerina Barbie and dance shirt.
Rylee wouldn't let me take anymore pictures of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment