Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Eve

Matt came home from Boise Friday afternoon, just in time for New Year's Eve. We went to Oma's for a little while so Matt could see his family. Then we went to my parents' house for a little party. We ate dinner and snacks, made a gingerbread train, did puzzles, played games, and enjoyed each others' company. Matt and I left around 9:30. Then Matt and the kids stayed up until 10:30, then went to bed. So I sat in bed watching TV (there's nothing on TV on New Year's Eve!) until midnight- it was pretty hard to stay awake! I watched the ball drop and then at 12:01, I was asleep too. It used to be a huge deal to stay up until midnight- I guess I must be getting old! Maybe when the kids know what's going on and can stay up for New Years, it might be exciting again! We had a good time though- but actually staying up until midnight wasn't too exciting!

Here's everybody- except me.
I just realized I didn't take my own picture, but oh well!
So you get two of Ashlyn instead!

Grandma getting the gingerbread train started.


Matt and Ashlyn doing puzzles.

Lindsay did most of the work on the gingerbread-
the rest of us just watched!


Ashlyn ready to play a game- Disney Apples to Apples.

Ashlyn helped decorate- but she ate more than she decorated with!


Caught eating the candy!

Cory helped with the finishing touches.

Jacob and Ashlyn provided the musical entertainment.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment