Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

We got off the ship on Saturday and drove to a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. We had to wait a little while before we could check in. The hotel was pretty much on the beach so it was easy to get to. While Matt and Ashlyn took a nap, I took Rylee to the beach. Then when we went back to the hotel Ashlyn was awake so I took her while Matt and Rylee took a nap. I made Oma go with us so she could take pictures of us. The girls loved getting in the water and playing in the big waves.

Ashlyn and Grandma waiting with all the luggage outside until we could check in to the hotel.


Rylee set up her toys right when we got in our room.


We didn't wear our swimming suits the first time we went- I thought we would just walk along the beach, but we went back to get our suits on so we could get in the water.


Looking for shells.



Opa, Oma, me, Rylee, and Stephan

Rylee and I would just stand in the water and a wave came, Rylee would say if it was a baby wave, a kid, or a mommy, or a daddy. We did get a few daddies, but most were just mommies.

At first Ashlyn didn't like the waves- she said they were going to get her. But she quickly got over that and absolutely loved it!

I wasn't planning on going in too far, so I'm still wearing my dress. I didn't know Ashlyn would love it so much.

Loving the ocean with Oma.
I don't think I've ever seen her smile and giggle so much!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had tons of fun! I am so incredibly jealous!! I could really go for some warm weather like that right about now! And I CAN NOT BELIEVE that you were in the water with those stingrays! I am impressed! I don't know if I could do it! ;)

    ReplyDelete