Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Picking Raspberries

We went to Myrt's to pick raspberries. Rylee has been waiting all summer for the raspberries. We still need to go pick some from Grandma Blatter's too. Rylee is the best raspberry picker. She snacks on them while she's picking. They are her favorite!

Myrt and Rylee

Ashlyn's helping too


Ashlyn and Grandpa watching


Myrt's best helper

Cory and Mom


Don't they look good!

She's so proud- those are just what she picked (I think)

Enjoying the berries

Ashlyn wanted some too, but she didn't like them as much as Rylee.


We made some jam with what Rylee didn't eat. I hope it turns out. We may even get more. I love raspberry jam!!!

4 comments:

  1. oh i love this - the people and the raspberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous. When you have to actually buy the berries, the jam making is so not worth it! Maybe you should just make the jam, though and put it in a cooler, and then surprise me with some for my birthday. ;-)

    Yeah, I really like that idea. But you have to bring everyone seen in the pictures...and Dad and Matt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one more thing...have I really been out of Idaho long enough for those raspberry plants to grow like 3 feet? Holy cow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we could come- that would be way fun. But there's less of you, so you should come here! You did it a few years ago- just drive all night! We have plenty of jam!

    ReplyDelete