Sunday, June 13, 2010

Disneyland Day 3 (out of 4)

We saw Pluto just as we were walking in.
Rylee is obsessed with dogs right now, so she really liked him!

We waited about 45 minutes for Tinker Bell- this is her friend.
I don't know her name, I'll have to ask Cory!

And here's Tinker Bell.
She talked to Rylee for a few minutes
which made the wait worth it!

Rylee did not want to drive the car- she told me she wasn't old enough. I said at Disneyland kids get to drive, so she got in the driver's seat and started driving. She got very frustrated though when she couldn't really control it, so I had to drive. She was almost in tears. I told her it was hard for me to drive it too!

This is Space Mountain- I wasn't sure how she would like it, but she seemed to enjoy it! She would hear people screaming on the big rides and ask me why they were screaming. I told her they were happy screams and that the people were having fun! There was never a ride she wouldn't go on!

Taking a break watching the big ship.

Winnie the Pooh.
We saw Tigger and Eeyore too,
but for some reason she didn't want to see them.

I had never been on the canoes before. I've been going to Disneyland since I was 5 (more than 25 years) and I've never been on or wanted to go on this ride. But I thought Rylee might like it so I did it for her! I don't think anybody in my family has even been on this one! Unless Rylee or Ashlyn wants to go, I don't care if I ever go on it again!!

Rylee really liked these flowers on Minnie's gate.
She hugged and kissed them- funny girl!

I was just going to take Rylee's picture with Minnie,
but I waited a long time so I wanted my picture taken too-
Minnie is my favorite!!!

Just as we were leaving for the day.

This is between Disneyland and California Adventure.
You can see that the letters of California
are different than they were just a couple of days before.
They changed them fast!

Back at the hotel- I was glad to see Ashlyn and Matt again!
They had so much fun swimming at Salt Lake of course.
But Rylee didn't like that the pool was outside.


We bought 5-day passes (it was 5 days for the price of 3) but we weren't planning on going 5 days. So we weren't going to go on Wednesday and just take it easy. But I couldn't let a day just go by without going, so I decided to take Rylee by myself. I was a little nervous being on my own, but it turned out perfect. We took our little umbrella stroller too just in case and so I took Rylee in that. I was able to get around much better and faster with that thing. And I got to go and do whatever I wanted!!!

We took the free shuttle from our hotel that left at 9:30 and came back at 6.

So we went on the rides that Ashlyn couldn't go on- Space Mountain, Star Tours, the Matterhorn, Thunder Mountain, and Splash Mountain (my favorite). We did other rides too like Buzz Lightyear, Winnie the Pooh, Autopia. I think I wore Rylee out though because in between rides when we were walking to the stroller, Rylee would just stop and sit in the middle of the street and say she couldn't walk anymore. She did that a few times. But she was a trooper- Grandma should be so proud of this little Disneyland girl!

We also saw a lot of the characters that Ashlyn wouldn't have liked anyway. Those were longer than lines for the rides! But I think Rylee was excited to see them all. We had a good day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment