Sunday, February 14, 2010

Notice Anything Different?

While we were at the mall in Provo, Rylee got her ears pierced!! Matt has been wanting to do it since she was born, but I thought she should wait until she could remember it. Matt's been asking her if she wants to get them pierced so she can wear pretty earrings like Mommy. So we walked past Claire's and kind of jokingly asked if she wanted them pierced and she said yes. There was a girl about 5 years old getting ready to get hers done, so we had her watch. She cried after they did it, but not too bad. There was another girl waiting before us, but Rylee said it was her turn. We told her she could be next if she really wanted to do it. So she picked out her earrings- blue, of course! Not my choice, but she wasn't going to have it any other way! Blue is her favorite color, but maybe she did it because we were in Provo and she did it for BYU. So she watched the next girl who didn't make a sound- she was all smiles afterward. Rylee got up on the chair by herself and let the girls get her ready. Meanwhile, my heart was pounding- I thought should we really be doing this?!? I was so nervous- I didn't know how she was going to react- she's just a little girl! But she seemed ready. They were going to do both ears at the same time, so the one did it and the other one's thing got stuck, so she did it just a little after. Rylee cried a little- not quite what she expected. But she got a blue sucker and was fine. I can't believe my baby has her ears pierced!! And Matt said we should have done Ashlyn's too- I think we'll wait!

1 comment:

  1. Was searching for a GF's blog with similar last name and came across yours. Was reading about your older daughter's experience getting her ears pierced and husband wanting you to have your infant dd's ears pierced. I was in the same predictament with our two girls....I wanted to wait, but dh wanted our youngest dd's ears pierced too.

    Our ODD was like yours but 3 yrs old and wanted her ears pierced too. She did fine, but afterwards, wanted to know why her baby sister (6 months) didn't have pierced ears like she did? I swore that there would be no rush to have Missy's ears done because I was not in any hurry to repeat that experience of her sister and always bad mouthed mothers who would have their infants ears pierced.

    I asked our ped and she encouraged me to go ahead have Sandi's baby sister's ears pierced assuring me that it was the best time because mommy was caring for her little ears and wouldn't get infected like the older girls who wanted them, but failed to care for them properly. She started explaining that it would be really easy to do it now while she is so young and didn't have control of her hands. That way she wouldn't touch or pull on them. Since they would always be there-she wouldn't be too curious about them- it would just be apart of her.

    Since dh had originally wanted your oldest girl to have her ears pierced since she was born, think you would score a few points with him since he wants your youngest dd to have her ears pierced too. However, I found it no problem go care for both girl's newly pierced ears. Our ped gave me some suggestions for moms having their infants ears pierced.

    One last thing. After we pierced our six month old dd, Sandi, I loved them, but didn't want to tell dh he was right all along :)

    If you would like them, write me an e-mail.

    Amy
    amyswor@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete