Sunday, February 14, 2010

Friends

We went to Provo for the weekend- just to get away for a little while. We left Saturday morning and just got back about an hour ago. We had a good time, except for Ashlyn is not a good traveler. She cried most of the time in the car. And she cried a lot in the hotel room and until about 1:00 in the morning. She was great in the swimming pool and at the mall though. But I hadn't been to Provo since I graduated from BYU almost 9 years ago- yes, I'm so old! We drove past our first apartment and my other apartments that I lived in while I was there. It was fun to see what had changed and what hadn't. Provo is pretty much the same with a few changes here and there.

Just as we got on the freeway leaving Idaho Falls, Rylee and I started talking about who my mom and grandma are. She knows Grandma is my mom, but I had to remind her that Myrt was my grandma. (I can see why that might be confusing because I don't even call her grandma!) But then she started talking about Cory and she said that Cory is my best friend. And then she said, "Daddy doesn't have any friends- just us." It was so funny! I don't know if Matt liked it so well, but Rylee doesn't really see him with his friends. She just said what her perspective is about who our friends are.

And then there's Rylee who makes friends anywhere we go. University Mall has a treehouse play area that the kids were playing on and a girl just came up to Rylee and said, "Do you want to play with me?" Well you don't have to ask Rylee twice- they were best friends instantly! We were at Albertsons a few weeks ago waiting in line at the butcher and Rylee saw some kids playing close by. She asked me if she could go play. I didn't want her running around the store, so I said their mom probably doesn't want them to play. Then she said, "Can I go ask her?" So she went up to the mom and asked if she could play with her kids. She said yes, and they all had a wonderful time running up and down the aisles. I don't know where Rylee gets it from. I guess it's from Matt, but he's not really like that now. According to Rylee, he doesn't even have friends!!

Oh, and here's another funny little thing Rylee said on the way home. She got a little plastic killer whale and octopus from a machine in the mall. She said that the killer whale was a dolphin (which I think is what they technically are.) and I told her it's called a killer whale. She said no it's not Mommy, it's a nice whale! I thought it was pretty funny that she would catch that "killer" part!

Stay tuned to the most exciting thing we did on our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment