Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sharing a Bed


I didn't think that Rylee and Ashlyn were ever going to be able to share a room. I thought that one would keep the other up and that it just wouldn't work. Well Ashlyn has had a hard time getting back into a nighttime routine after our crazy summer of not much of a routine (not my idea- I need a routine even in the summer, but it's so hard!).

So a few nights ago I thought what the heck, let's give it a try. So I put her in with Rylee. She has a queen bed, so we all fit. It was nice because I could do both routines at once. I didn't have to go through the whole thing with Ashlyn and then again with Rylee. So we read a story, said our prayers, and then I told them to go to sleep. I was worried they would talk and play all night, but the first two nights were great- they went right to sleep and stayed in bed all night. I think they both liked having someone else with them. But last night wasn't so good- Ashlyn had a late afternoon nap and wasn't ready for bed at 9:00. But Rylee went right to sleep and I kept having to tell Ashlyn to go to sleep. I think she finally went to sleep after 10. She would have done that in her own bed though. So I think we'll try this sharing a bed thing for a while and hope it goes like the first two nights.

Especially if Matt doesn't think they're so cute together and take another picture that wakes up Ashlyn at 6 AM!!! But I guess it gave me something to blog about!

No comments:

Post a Comment