Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Fair

It's been our tradition to go the fair the first Saturday it's open in the morning. There's usually not too many people there and we do our thing, have lunch, then go home and have a nap. But this year Matt helped his dad put up a fence, so we were going to go in the afternoon. Well after he worked in the sun all day and got burnt, he didn't really want to go to the fair. So I called my parents to see if they wanted to go last minute. They hadn't been to the fair for many, many years, but they said they'd go. We didn't get there until about 6:30. It was my plan to be home by 8 to give the girls a bath and go to bed. Well we didn't leave the fair until about 9, so we didn't get home until late. There were a lot of people there, but the weather was perfect. But it was a lot of fun- I know the girls especially loved it. I don't know- maybe we can start a new tradition and go with my parents every year- right, guys?!? No, I don't think that will happen. But I'm very glad that they went with us!



We spent a little while stamping and making pictures.



The girls in the traditional Culligan hats.


This was Ashlyn's favorite artwork- Harry and Voldemort.
It was a very good drawing and it even won first prize!

This was at the church place- Pioneer Rylee.

And Pioneer Ashlyn.

Trying out the covered wagon.

Rylee and Grandma in the wagon.


The girls loved the horses- mostly the little ones so they could pet them.

Rylee especially loved petting the horses.

They were a little scared of the big horses, so they didn't get too close!

The petting zoo was the last thing we did so it was dark.

Ashlyn didn't want to pet anything.
(She's more like me than Rylee is!)


And Rylee fell in love with the puppy!
She asked if we could take it home!




Petting a horse one last time.


We had a great time- thanks, Grandma and Grandpa, for going with us!

1 comment:

  1. I love the fair!!! I miss funnel cakes. . . and the tiger ears . . . and all the other yummy, greasy food! Anyway, loved the pics and I love their smiles.

    ReplyDelete