Sunday, August 17, 2014

Chukars Games

 Since the girls have a pass to get into 5 games this season, we chose to go to the free baseball and free backpack nights.  One was on Wednesday and the other on Friday of the same week.  Well the night before the Wednesday one was canceled due to rain.  So Wednesdays game was changed to a double header starting at 5:00 with the gates opening at 4:00.  So I thought we better get there early to get our baseballs. 

When we got there it was raining pretty good, but they said they were playing. They had to since it was already a double header.  So we got our baseballs.  The seats were wet, so we didn't want to sit down and it was still raining.  So they let us go to our car (which was right by the gate since no sane people were there in the rain!!!) and wait for a little while.  When it stopped we went back in and someone wiped down a place for us.  Then they said the game would be delayed until 6:00.  We had already been there an hour!!!  But we decided to wait since we were already there.

So the girls and I talked and had snow cones (their choice).  I had told the girls to dress warmly, but they didn't listen.  So they were complaining about being cold and wanting to leave, but I had paid for my ticket and I didn't want to waste it!  But then about 5:40 it started raining again.  We had our umbrellas so it wasn't so bad, but the rain wouldn't stop.  Finally at 5:55 I thought this is ridiculous, we have to go.  I asked about a raincheck on the way out the door and they said I could get one in the office.  So I was glad my money wasn't wasted!  And I actually thought it was kind of fun to be there in the rain- the kids might disagree!




 So we went back Friday night and I was able to use my raincheck ticket.  They were giving out backpacks, so each of the girls got one.  And it was more fun because my friend and her kids joined us this time!  Kaylie was crazy and just ran around for an hour before the game.  (She loves to find Charlie Chukar.) I couldn't take it anymore- I was just too tired, so I called Matt and she picked her up. So I actually got to sit and watch the game for about an hour- it was so nice!  Then it started to rain a little and it was getting late, so we left early in the 5th inning.  But that's the longest we've stayed since Kaylie is usually with us!  But they played better than we've seen them all year and they did end up winning by a lot!  It's been fun to go- reminds me of the good old days!  I hope my kids have good memories like I do. 





No comments:

Post a Comment