Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bear Lake

 The Blatter Family Reunion at Bear Lake was last week- Tuesday through Saturday.  Matt has been taking a class and the last day was Thursday.  We were all going to go together, but Monday afternoon, I decided to leave Tuesday with Helma and Ellie (Matt's cousin's daughter from Austria) and the girls so he could study hard with no distractions.  So I drove our van and we got to Bear Lake in the evening. 
 These first pictures are when we just got there- our condo was right on the beach, which was nice.

 Bright and early Wednesday morning (after Kaylie woke up five times) we went down to the beach.  This side was a little rocky, but we still had fun.  This was Kaylie's first time at Bear Lake and I think she loved it!






 Ashlyn, Kaylie, and me



 I think Kaylie had more fun pushing the float in the sand than being in the water!


 Katria, Katisia, Isaiah, Gabe, and Gerardo joined us for the day.
Then just Isaiah and Gabe stayed the rest of the time, which was great for my kids- they're all pretty good friends!

 While I took Kaylie to the condo to take a nap, Oma and the kids went on a boat and tube ride.





 Oma and Gabe


 Oma and Kaylie
 Gabe and Kaylie- Gabe is so good with her- and she loves him and Isaiah too!


 Rylee pretending to drive the boat!



 Ashlyn was in the water most of the time. 
She especially loved when somebody pulled her on a float!




 Kaylie tried to eat rocks and sand at first, but then she loved just playing in it!

 Heidi, Jerika, and Cosette also came Wednesday.

 The rest of the days we went a little ways down the beach where it was less rocky and more sandy.







 Kaylie's first boat ride.

 The girls went on a tube ride with Matt's cousin, Deuce.



 Kaylie fell asleep- yay!

 Jerika pulling Ashlyn, Mercedes, Gabe, and Cosette.
(Stephan and his family came late Wednesday night, so they were with us Thursday)


 Kaylie loved walking in the water!


 Matt finally got there Thursday afternoon- I was sure happy to see him so he could help me (mostly with crazy Kaylie!)






 Ashlyn was sure in heaven in the water!

 Then she went on a tube ride with Aunt Diane.
First she laid on her tummy.



 Then she sat up- this girl was crazy on the tube!
I was surprised by her eagerness to do it!



 Matt was happy to drive the boat.


 Then it was Rylee's turn.
She likes it, but doesn't like to get sprayed in the face.


 So Diane gave her her glasses mid-ride which helped!

 Matt tried to waterski and I think he did get up, but the water was not smooth so he didn't stay up too long.
In fact as we were riding back to the beach, we watched our shade blow away and break.  Then a huge wind storm came (which happens every year, but this one was the worst!)  So we had to hurry and grab our stuff and leave.  It continued to blow until at least we went to bed.  It was crazy!







 Hailey, Mercedes, Ashlyn, and Jerika
Hailey and Vance came late Thursday night.



 Ashlyn (in the hat) hitched a ride with Aunt Arlene pulling her grandkids, Hailey and Tyson.

 Rylee and Isaiah played mini golf which was close to the beach.


 I took Kaylie for a stroller ride to put her to sleep while they played golf.

 When they started, there were quite a few people.  
But about halfway through, they were the only ones there!



 Rylee went on a jet ski ride while I was sitting with sleeping Kaylie.  So this is the only picture I got of it!

 Matt and I took our kids and Isaiah on another boat ride, but I didn't take my camera because I didn't think the kids would go out on the tube by themselves without another adult.  But I was wrong!  Isaiah and Ashlyn went by themselves!  They were so happy- I was so sad I didn't have my camera!  I was nervous the whole time though!!  So I got a picture of them together when we got back so they would remember tubing together!


Ashlyn looks like I felt by the end of Friday- tired!!

Helma made a family dinner for the entire Blatter crew Friday evening.  We took pictures but not with my camera.  I will have to get one from Heidi.  It was a fun time!  

Thanks, Oma, for everything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment