Sunday, September 26, 2010

Yellowstone

We went to Yellowstone on Saturday for their free day. We went last year and I said I never wanted to go again. But somehow Matt and Rylee talked me into it. Last year was freezing in August- we seriously needed our winter coats. So this year I was prepared for cold weather even though it was supposed to be nice. But it was beautiful and warm. I had such a better time this time. We went to the Grand Canyon or whatever it's called and saw some other waterfalls. We saw lots of animals- even a grizzly bear!! We didn't make it to Old Faithful because Rylee was taking a nap, but we really enjoyed everything else! I think I might go again next year!

Playing at the park in West Yellowstone where we had a picnic.

The higher the better for Rylee . . .

. . . and Ashlyn too!


A family of elk



We had to wait for road construction for a little while, so the girls ate lunch.
(They played at our picnic while Matt and I ate!)


I don't remember what this waterfall is called, but Rylee and I just went to it because Ashlyn was sleeping.












This is the grizzly bear- or what everybody was telling me was a grizzly bear. A guy let us look through his binoculars, but I couldn't find it even with those. Matt could, so I told him to take a picture. But I think I see it now! Matt says he's laying down eating something.

Rylee was so excited to see the buffalo, but when we finally saw one close up she was asleep. We tried to wake her up, but she was out!


I found this deer all by myself. I'm not usually good at finding animals so I was excited! Matt whistled and got him to look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment