Friday, December 11, 2009

Eye Surgery

No pictures for this one- good for everybody- trust me! Long story short- my retina detached out of the blue while at school on Thursday, December 3. I went in for emergency surgery in Salt Lake on Friday, December 4. I had to lay on my side for a week as the gas bubble they put in my eye reattached my retina. I went for a post-op appointment in Salt Lake this morning and everything looks great. I can be normal again. I still can't see out of it because of the gas bubble, but that should go away in a few weeks. It wasn't as bad as the last two times my retina detached. I was face-down for two weeks each time. That was 5 years ago. I guess it wasn't out of the blue. I have pars planitis in my left eye which is inflammation and it can cause the retina to detach. It wasn't trauma or anything. Thanks to everyone who prayed for me and helped me through last week with everything.

Rylee thought she had to go to Salt Lake with me because it was fun when we went with Daddy last time to the doctor. But she didn't like the hospital Salt Lake- she wanted the "other Salt Lake"- the one with the hotel and swimming pool. Despite being disappointed, she was a very good girl as my dad drove Rylee and I to the doctor. She even got to see Santa at the Layton mall. On the way out of the mall, she said she forgot to tell Santa something. She wanted to ask if she could ride on his sleigh! She loved him- it was so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment